As a crop, Hemp is a boon for sustainability:
- It's so disease resistant that it requires no pesticides to grow. As a result, virtually all of it is organic.
- It produces 1500 lbs of fiber per acre vs 500 lbs with cotton
- It needs significantly less water than cotton
- It has a 90 day growing cycle instead of 180 days
As a fiber, hemp is far superior to many of the other materials in our closets:
- It behaves like wool. It's warm when it's cold, and cool when it's hot.
- It gets softer the more its worn.
- It's more durable than cotton and holds up better over time.
- It doesn't retain odors, and can easily handle multiple wears without washing.
Our mission is to pair the benefits of hemp with our take on the perfect t-shirt and create something timeless and built to last.
Nilzo was founded in 2020 by Stephen Corwin. Our products are designed and manufactured in Brooklyn, New York.